Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Something to blog about

My previous 2 posts were about the hikes we did in Moab. We love that area. So when the idea came up to register for the Moab half marathon, I didn't hesitate. So, last Saturday I ran my FIRST half marathon. It is a beautiful course along the Colorado River through the red cliffs.
Before the race with Matt (Brandon's motor partner) and Nancy and Dr. Clyde(my coworkers)
left to right Mile marker 13

My final chip time from start line to finish line was 2hr13min.
That is averaging just over 10 minute miles.
I told my brother JT my time and he was so impressed, thinking I may make it to the Olympics, then he realized it was for the Half Marathon, not the full.
Hee hee. Thanks for the vote of confidence anyway.

Running into the finish line blowing kisses to my cute family.

Thanks for all your love and support. It was fun.


19 comments:

Desertbound said...

Yea! It was so much fun to be there! Dad totally teared-up by the way when you ran by and crossed the finish line. Of course, so did I. But hey! You're my sis! I will be posting pics soon, too, I hope!

Angie said...

Way to go girl. You are truly impressive.

WildBound said...

I think I'm allergic to marathons. At least, pictures of you running in them. I'll have to remember that for future reference.

The Dixon Family said...

Wow. Way to go.

This Girl said...

Wow! I'm impressed!

CowboyBob said...

Yeah, the allergies are bad down there.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Amazing. That's so inspirational. Misty eyes are fully appropriate, methinks.

Canyonsrcool said...

Way to go B. I've been sick this week and haven't had a chance to call and see how it went. That really is a good time, though. I hope to have around that same pace in May for the Ogden Marathon.

Kari said...

Woo hoo for Bethany! You are the woman! So are we on for the BoulderBolder?? I mean it is only a 10K...

Sheri said...

Yea! for you! That's one of my goals too! Of course... the shape I am in, I will be one year older when i do it!!

Karen said...

Bethany, you are such a super hero. I'm going to be just like you as soon as I stop being so lazy. ;) Thanks so much for the camera offer, but we actually already purchased another one. You are the best.

Sayyadina said...

You're my hero!

Unknown said...

You go girl. Your my inspiration. Although I think my little 5K I am still trying to get ready for would be barely a warm up for you!

Devony said...

you're just amazing.

Gomez said...

O.K.......HOLY CRAP!!!!! You Rock. Ummm ya I guess that 5k that killed me is no big deal to you.

Nicoletta said...

Yea Bethany! I'm totally impressed. You look great and in shape!

natalie said...

You are my hero!! I have never run that far hahaa...I couldn't even imagine running more than 8 miles. One of my good friends ran in that same race and I think she had a similar time, maybe you saw her. Congrats on the accomplishment!!

Erin said...

Awesome Beth! There's a great half in Provo this summer if you want a running partner!! I'm proud of you!

Bethany said...

Erin,
you should join me out here in September for the Boulder Backroads Half. I'd love to have you visit out here.