Sunday, December 6, 2009

The MAGIC of the Season

Conversation tonight with my 10 yr old (almost 11 yr old) son

Mitch: I don't need any gifts for Christmas this year
Mom: really?
Mitch: I'd be ok with it, as long as we did something fun
Mom: like what? ( I'm thinking stinking Disneyland type fun)
Mitch: Like have a nice family dinner and play together all day- just as long as I wasn't bored, I'd be ok with no gifts

Oh be still my heart. My boy might understand the real meaning.
As long as he's not bored.

11 comments:

jksfam said...

Oh how I miss you guys!!!!

Karen said...

I swear to you that boy is the most polite, sweetest kid I've ever met.

Just don't let him get bored. ;)

Canyonsrcool said...

Awesome.

DreamPacker said...

Love it...Love him and all of you. Be still my heart AND my tear ducts.

CowboyBob said...

Of course, he is maturing. After all, look at who his parents are. I know he'll also reach the next step: being strong enough to find ways to never be bored. You are raising two amazing kids. Love to all of you.

Kiffon said...

Love that kid! Have from the first time I was a sub for his primary class about 3 years ago. He is an amazing kid!

Cherie said...

That boy of yours (and mine too as his G'ma) is a REAL TROOPER not only with regards to Christmas, but life itself. HOW DO I LOVE HIM? LET ME COUNT THE WAYS...

Sayyadina said...

He must have great parents.

No wonder my kids miss your kids so much.

WildBound said...

Wow. Out of the mouth of babes...

Desertbound said...

Bring him here so I can smooch on him! Then he won't be bored, I am sure;)

Erin said...

Boredom. . .the plague of the earth. What a sweet boy!! Do I get to meet him soon? :)