Saturday, March 7, 2009

If I mention what we should be learning, he might throw a dish

He can walk. After 6 weeks the surgeon OK'd walking after taking an xray of him standing with all weight on the injured foot. The xray showed everything has held in place so far, so he can walk. He is still in the boot for a few more weeks. He now starts physical therapy
again.
I will not spout great words of wisdom about learning...
patience for others' needs,
or tolerance for those who have ailments that create habits,
or gratitude for health and modern medicine,
or even empathy - right now.
I will not wax poetic about the romance of serving him breakfast in bed for 3 weeks.
I will not. Not today.
I will, however, say I am relieved.
He came home from work Friday carrying these red beauties.
He said, " Thanks for taking care of me these last 6 weeks."
Sweet.
Now, I will go take a nap. Cause I've been wanting a nap since 1996.

9 comments:

WildBound said...

I laughed so hard I got tears. 1996. That's PRICE-less. HAHAHAhaha!

jksfam said...

I hope you got a good nap! Nice flowers, Brandon!

CowboyBob said...

Glad things are healing and progressing so well. I won't wax on about how you two have handled this adversity so well. I won't. But I have to say your poetry is both beautiful and humorous. The roses are breathtaking. Hope you enjoyed your nap(s). Love ya'll,

Julie said...

I am so glad that everything is healing properly! Congrats Brandon! Glad you are back on your feet. Bethany you are awesome!!!

Desertbound said...

You two just stop it! You make me laugh and cry all at the same time. So glad Brandon is back on 2 feet. Let the PT commence! Love you all so much.

Kari J. Rich said...

Since I just barely caught up with your life, I don't know all that happened with your husband, but I'm glad to hear things are looking up! And by the way, yes you can use my blog entry in church if you're sure it won't get you excommunicated!

Sheri said...

Congrats to you both on your perserverance and patience! I'm glad Brandon realizes what a gem he has in you Bethany!!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

You are hilarious! 1996 eh? It's about stinken time!

Erin said...

Ooooo. I hope you slept at least one hour. . . maybe two.
I am impressed with the roses. Hey- he's learning (shhh!!) some serious appreciation. :)