Monday, April 28, 2008

A scout by any other name would smell the same

I remember being a teenage girl when my mom was a den mother for my younger brothers in cub scouts. I remember them coming to our home once a week for their activity. I remember thinking... "cub scouts stink!" I mean they really smelled bad. Now I have one for a son. I will admit, when he has been playing outside, riding his bike,running through the park, catching or kicking the ball, then yes, he stinks. But he is still pretty sweet. He loves cub scouts. He recently earned his "Religious Knot." This is a picture of our bishop presenting it to him. Look at Mitchell's sweet face. Who cares if he may have smelled like a lost puppy from playing outside that afternoon. He is still sweet. And, he should be playing outside. So what can you do?

8 comments:

jksfam said...

Thanks for helping him accomplish so many achievements and being such a good example!

Yes, they can certainly get stinky - at any age!

Karen said...

I was just going to say Bethany...those little boys don't ever stop stinking do they?! I have a big one and very little one and they both have their moments! Mitchell is a sweet boy and congratulations to him. Also, loved your previous post. You're an inspiration.

Desertbound said...

You're right. That smelly boy sure is sweet! I actually kind of like the "sunshine smell". Way to go Mitch!

Canyonsrcool said...

I don't remember smelling . . . .

CowboyBob said...

Please tell Mitchell I'm proud of him. And if you think cub scouts stink, wait till you get a scout coming home from a week at camp. Or a room full of jr high girls or boys and it is warm.

Sayyadina said...

I think I have an illness. Whenever I see your son, I want to smooch him. I agree with DB. That "sunshine smell" is actually quite desireable.

WildBound said...

I don't member the cub scouts smelling...of course, that was the time I was always out with the horse and goat...

Erin said...

Smells like home! Congrats to Mitchell!